We are working on forming an Entrepreneurial Steering group within CoE to help communicate, collaborate and implement a series of meaningful programs. If you are a CoE faculty member, or someone who would like to help us on our mission, please contact Dave Sly at davesly[at]iastate.edu.
Create and launch new technology and products to the marketplace
Share with them how successful engineers who have gone before them did this
- Mentor and Assist them
- Direct them to extensive eco-system of programs at ISU
Mindset and Skillset for bringing innovative new solutions to the market.
- Intrapreneurship (developing successful new products/services within a company) and protecting that intellectual capital is emphasized as something all engineers should be exposed to.
- Entrepreneurial skills for having students start their own business (when, why, how) is discussed as an option for which the Pappajohn center can help outwith.
- Faculty Retreat Presentation – co-develop and present
- Curriculum Committee/Student Advisor Engagement
- Project Course Presentations (targeted to Freshman/Sophomores) – co-develop and present as well as mentor.
- Fall and Spring Pitch Competition (recruit, advise, train, host)
- Project Course Case-study Entrepreneurial Development
- Developing market-driven requirements, prototype, evaluation
- Economic viability assessment
- Competitive assessment
Ignite Innovation Showcase/State Fair Competitions
Student Innovation Center Engagement
I-Corps Recruitment and Assistance
Participate in Monthly strategy/benchmark/educational sessions
- Student and Faculty Database development (identify/track/communicate)
- External events (KEEN, Kaufman, Startup-Factory, OEI, Cystarters, Pappajohn, etc.) – sponsorship/engagement